Serving patients across all of West Virginia
Welcome to the Modivcare Member website for West Virginia. Currently this site hosts information for members about how to get a ride if they have no other way to get a ride. The forms on this site are stored in PDF format. Your computer must have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed for you to be able to read and print the forms. If you do not have a copy of Adobe Acrobat, you can download it for free at www.get.adobe.com/reader.
Have a question or concern about service? Quickly get your message to the right person: Modivcare Member Feedback
How do I schedule a ride?
Call us at 1-844-549-8353 at least five business days before your visit. If you call with less notice and the trip is not urgent, you may need to set up your visit for a different date. We schedule routine trips Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. You may also schedule your trip online using the Member Services Website.
When you call, please be ready to provide:
- Member name, home address, and phone number
- Member Medicaid ID number
- The street address and the phone number where you want to be picked up
- The name, phone number, address, and ZIP code of the health care provider you are seeing
- The date and start time of your appointment
- The end time of your appointment, if you know it
- Any special needs, including if you need someone to ride with you
- General reason for the appointment (check-up, eye appointment, etc.)
How does Modivcare decide what kind of ride I need?
To determine the ride most appropriate for you, Modivcare will ask questions about your health and how you handle basic daily tasks. We may also consult your health care provider. Based on your needs, we will offer you:
- Gas Mileage reimbursement
- Fixed route bus tickets
- Basic ambulatory vehicle services, including sedan, van, and taxi
- Enhanced vehicle services equipped to transport wheelchairs
What do I do once my ride is set up?
- Your driver will call to remind you of your pick-up time..
- Be ready for your ride at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled pick-up time.
- If you scheduled a ride back, your driver should pick you up less than 15 minutes after your visit is over. Call Modivcare's Ride Assist line at 1-844-549-8354 if you have waited longer.
- If your visit is over and you did not schedule a ride back, call 1-844-549-8354 . The driver should arrive with one hour from the time of your call.
How do I cancel or reschedule my ride?
Call Modivcare at 1-844-549-8354 to cancel your ride or make changes.
What do I do if my ride is late?
Call Modivcare's Ride Assist line at 1-844-549-8354 if you:
- Have waited more than 15 minutes after your scheduled pick-up time
- Have waited more than one hour to be picked up after the time you called Modivcare to request a return ride when you have not scheduled a specific pick up time with your original reservation.
- How do I communicate a concern about my NEMT services to Modivcare?